Live Fully: A Subscription Based Service to Support Liver Transplant Recipients
Cate Tompkins, Hyemin Bae, and Anirban Ghosh
Liver transplantation is necessary when individuals go into liver failure; individuals who receive transplants are very ill prior to transplantation.
The 10-year post-transplant survival rate is 59.4%,3 which implies that effectively 40.6% of the patients with a successful operation pass away within the 10 years post-transplant.
Through our service, we aim to target the three pain points identified (marked in blue) and address them with different products and services.
The package includes a set of digital tools (app and website) which includes:
1. A Patient Journal: A central place to log activities, medication, medication changes, side effect tracking, and chat room logs.
2. Health Tracking: Track health parameters in a centralized place and see trends of things like blood glucose, heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, and upcoming appointments.
3. A digital community: For recipients to come together and build a sense of community.
4. Medication Tracking: to track medication with timely reminders on when and how to take medication.
5. Meal Plan: A dynamically generated set of recipes based on user preferences, medication restrictions, and restrictions because of the accompanying co-morbidities.
Value to Users
The Recipient: The “Live Fully” service provides a toolkit to its users to live a life less burdened by the transplant. The service aims to help ease the transition into post-transplant life.
The Caregiver: Caregivers play a vital role in the first few weeks after the transplant. Having all the information present in a clear manner helps them navigate the role more effectively
Value to Payer
The Hospital: Hospitals are incentivized to reduce readmissions because of the Medicare payment bundle and value-based care incentives. The service helps reduce readmission costs they incur & boosts their quality score.
The Insurance Companies: Helping the user transition into a healthier and safer lifestyle reduces chances of readmissions and the expenditures associated with the same.
We realized early on that the journey of each and every user is different and their needs and wants change with time and our pricing and service should reflect the same.